The Vassal Weapons (眷属器 Kenzokuki?) are powerful weapons that are passed down to people that prove themselves worthy to wield them, whom are deemed Vassal Weapon Holders. In Raphtalia's world, these weapons are referred to as the Seven Star Weapons (七星武器 Shichiseibuki?) and those who obtain these weapons are granted the title of Seven Star Hero.
The origins of the Vassal Weapons are still unknown. It is speculated that the Legendary Weapons have a deep tie with the Vassal Weapons and the origins of the world.
Their objective is to kill the Four Legendary Heroes that reside in the other world, allowing them to save their homes. Successfully eliminating the Four Legendary Heroes should save their own home but at the cost of destroying another world.
The Vassal Weapons were summoned through ritual, along with wielders from other worlds. When a wielder is deceased, the weapon chooses to roam the world in search of a new candidate that proves their potential.
Vassal Weapons specialize in fighting across worlds, but they will become faulty when their homeworld is destroyed.
- See also Legendary Weapons
Vassal Weapons have less potential power than the Legendary Weapons, but make up for it by having fewer restrictive functions.
All weapons possess a gem that acts as the functional matrix to activate abilities, this gem persists through transformations.
- No level cap and no class-up requirement.
- Immune to curse slaves seals.
- Restricted from equipping any weapon apart from the assigned (else be zapped). The assigned weapon will teleport to the user if removed.
- Verbal language is translated to the user into their primary language, and the user can vocalize into their recipient's primary language.
- Vassal Wielders can extend this function to their companions, it is not revealed if Legendary Weapons can do the same.
- Weapons can absorb loot, items, and materials to unlock new variations of themselves. The user can access new transformations provided they reach the level requirement.
- Weapon Transformation
- Weapons can transform into different variations that grant the user new equip bonuses, such as stats, skills, and abilities. Variations can become mastered with enough experience, allowing the user to permanently retain the equip bonuses even if they switch transformations. Some bonuses remain exclusive.
- Weapon Copy
- The user can copy variants they encounter and store them for later access.
- Strengthening Method
- Weapons have various strengthening methods that are selectively revealed to the user's interface upon assignment. Other users can enable these systems only if they believe they exist, learning from other users will provide bonuses to both. This sharing is accessible between Legendary Heroes and Vassal Wielders.
- Vassal Link
- Vassal Weapons are sentient and can communicate with their users to provide orders that must be followed. The Vassal Weapons have a mutual alliance, but anyone may act on their own.
- Vassal Wielders can freely transport their parties between worlds.