Legendary Weapons (伝説武器 Densetsu Buki) are powerful weapons that can be summoned along with wielders from other worlds, who are deemed Legendary Heroes. In Raftalia's world, its four weapons are often referred to as the Four Heavenly Weapons (聖武器 Seibuki), since many religions centered around the Legendary Heroes.
The origins of the Legendary Weapons are still unknown. It is speculated that the Vassal Weapons have a deep tie with the Legendary Weapons and the origins of the world.
Their objective is to defeat the current set of Waves of Calamity, after which the users are allowed to resign back to their worlds.
Legendary Weapons are summoned in response to the waves, appearing in sets of unique weapons, usually four in total. The summoning ritual will also select people from other worlds to wield these weapons; in Naofumi's case, he encountered The Record of the Four Holy Weapons while browsing the library. Once a Legendary Hero is deceased, their weapon will disappear in wait to be summoned again with a new hero. The weapons can be resummoned if either the current set of waves is vanquished, or the set of weapons is expunged. With each weapon missing, the waves are said to grow stronger.
Legendary Weapons specialize in protecting the world they reside in. They upgrade through adventuring within their respective worlds, with each world having different power metrics.
- See also Vassal Weapons
Legendary Weapons possess superior potential than Vassal Weapons, but have more restrictive functions.
All weapons possess a gem that acts as the functional matrix to activate abilities, this gem persists through transformations.
- No level 100 cap, No class-up requirement
- Immune to curse slaves seals.
- Legendary Weapons innately inhibit each other's experience gain when in close proximity, forcing heroes to adventure individually.
- Restricted from equipping any weapon apart from the assigned (else be zapped). The assigned weapon will teleport to the user if removed.
- Verbal language is translated to the user into their primary language, and the user can vocalize into their recipient's primary language.
- Vassal Wielders can extend this function to their companions, it is not revealed if Legendary Weapons can do the same.
- Weapons can absorb loot, items, and materials to unlock new variations of themselves. The user can access new transformations provided they reach the level requirement.
- Weapon transformation
- Weapons can transform into different variations that grant the user new equip bonuses, such as stats, skills and abilities. Variations can become mastered with enough experience, allowing the user to permanently retain the equip bonuses even if they switch transformations. Some bonuses remain exclusive.
- Weapon Copy
- Weapons have the ability to copy different variations of the same weapon they encounter.
- Strengthening Method
- Weapons each have unique strengthening methods which can be shared with both the Legendary Heroes and Vassal Wielders. The strengthening method won't work or appear if the user doesn't truly believe in the strengthening method.
- Wave Summon
- The Legendary Heroes' parties are transported to the spawn of a Wave of Calamity, where they defeat the wave.
Legendary Weapons respond to the user's strong negative emotions, absorbing them to unlock the Curse variant. The Curse variant is unlocked when the owner of the weapon undergoes enough heavy strain through negative and traumatic events.
The Curse Series is suicide prevention for the Legendary Heroes. They grant powerful effects, stats bonuses, and abilities. But the users of the Curse Series always have to pay a heavy price when used.